Good copywriting is essential if you wish to sell your products or services effectively. While you can write some copy yourself, enlisting professional help can maximize your results. An organic SEO company that offers affordable SEO services could be an inspired choice. Before you hire help, though, here are ten useful tips if you plan to do things on your own:
1. Use Germanic words instead of Latinates. Latinates are not only longer but also more elaborate; their place is in literature not in copywriting. For example, instead of “arrive” use “come.”
2. Review your copy several times. It often happens that what appealed to you yesterday no longer sounds good today. When it comes to copy, you really want to get the tone right.
3. Stick to short sentences and paragraphs. Use fewer subordinate clauses and communicate only one idea with each sentence.
4. Your message should be clear and simple enough that anyone can understand it. You can be clever, but don’t exaggerate. With copy, it’s usually better to be catchy than clever.
5. Keep your copywriting clear. Your message must be simple and to the point, even if you’re presenting something complex.
6. Be compelling. If you expect readers to act, then you must encourage them to do so. Show empathy.
7. Use words that grab attention and make people feel better. Words like “free,” “discover,” and “happy” carry emotional weight. However, don’t overuse them.
8. Have an audience in mind. To do good copywriting, you must know who you are writing for. Any organic SEO company that offers affordable SEO services will be able to help you define your audience.
9. Add a sense of urgency. There’s so much copy out there that you can’t expect people to fall for it easily. An effective way to “goad” your audience to act is by making it clear that the offerings showcased are only available for a short time, or are in scarce supply.
10. Don’t take people for fools. Few people act after learning about “amazing” offers unless they recognize the brand. There are too many “amazing” deals out there, and customers have grown indifferent to them. Try not to be overenthusiastic with your message when it’s not the case.
As you can see, writing good copy isn’t necessarily easy. You may want to consider hiring an organic SEO company that offers affordable SEO services to handle things for you. A professional provider with years of experience in copywriting knows exactly what approach to take in order to deliver the best results.