Staying on top of your Google page ranking has never been easy. It takes hard work, diligence, and patience. It often also requires you to hire expert SEO services and to rely primarily on organic SEO techniques.
No Secrets, Just Work
What’s important to understand is that there are no secret strategies. It’s all about finding what works for you. Usually, you cannot maintain a high page ranking just by copying the strategies of other website owners or SEO experts.
Nobody really knows all the factors that Google considers when determining the PageRank of a website. Some surmise that there are at least 1,200 algorithm ranking factors. Google has ramped up their algorithm updates over the years, and the search engine now gets a dozen changes per day on average.
What You Can Do
Your safest bet? Do the basic SEO yourself — the things that we know for certain affect your page ranking. Once you do that, notice the results. It will then be an ideal time to consider hiring expert SEO services, especially if you’re trying to rank for competitive keywords. All the while, keep your focus on organic SEO techniques.
Here’s some of the basic SEO work you can do yourself:
- Sign up for Google Search Console Tools and use the feature on your website. It will identify all the errors that the Google crawler finds. Fix those errors.
- Do on-page optimization:
- Ensure your content uses keywords, in the text body as well as in the titles.
- Optimize all types of content, including photos and infographics
- Next time you write an article, sprinkle through it chosen keywords and add a key phrase in the title.
- Do off-page optimization:
- The number and relevancy of inbound links are determining factors when it comes to your website’s PageRank. The more links are directed to your website, the easier will it be for you to improve or maintain your PageRank.
- Use link-building to get more links. Again, you’ll probably need expert SEO services here if you expect notable results.
- Guest blogging can also help you get linked to by relevant websites.
Social Media Marketing
Establishing a presence on social media is also important because Google takes into account the buzz you generate there. If you get social media users to share and talk about your content on sites such as Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter, your page ranking will improve. Social media marketing is one of the most effective organic SEO techniques available.
It’s Always Work In Progress
Staying on top of the Google search results means you have to do SEO work constantly. It’s not something you can do every once in a while, but something you must do all the time. At least if you expect notable results.
For this reason, you may want to consider expert SEO services working exclusively with organic SEO techniques. While you can do some SEO work yourself, you cannot optimize all aspects of your website, both on-page and off-page by yourself, especially if your website is large.
Pingback: Meerkerk Words & Deeds Blog | How Does a Website Get Blacklisted by Google and What to Do in Such a Case?