Staying on top of your Google page ranking has never been easy. It takes hard work, diligence, and patience. It often also requires you to hire expert SEO services and to rely primarily on organic SEO techniques.
No Secrets, Just Work
What’s important to understand is that there are no secret strategies. It’s all about finding what works for you, because you cannot usually maintain a high page ranking by copying the strategies of other website owners or SEO experts.
Nobody really knows all the factors that Google considers when determining the PageRank of a website. Some surmise that there are at least 1200 algorithm aspects. Anyway, it’s clear there are many, many ranking factors.
What You Can Do
Your safest bet? Do the basics of SEO yourself, the things that are known for certain to affect your page ranking. Once you do that, notice the results. It will then be an ideal time to consider hiring expert SEO services, especially if you’re trying to rank for competitive keywords. All the while, keep your focus always on organic SEO techniques.
Some of the basic SEO work your can do yourself:
• Sign up for Google Webmaster Tools and use it on your website. It will identify all the errors that the Google crawler finds. Fix those errors.
• Do on-page optimization.
- Ensure your content uses keywords, in the text body as well as in the titles.
- Optimize all types of existing content including photos and infographics for search engines.
- Next time you write an article, carefully sprinkle through it chosen keywords and add a key phrase in the title.
• Do off-page optimization.
- The number and relevancy of inbound links are determining factors when it comes to your website’s PageRank. The more links directed to your website, the easier it will be for you to improve or maintain your PageRank.
- Use link-building for get more links. Again, you’ll probably need expert SEO services here if you expect notable results.
- Guest blogging can also help you get linked by relevant websites.
Social Media Marketing
Establishing a presence on social media websites is also important, because Google takes into account the buzz you generate on social media websites. If you get social media users to share and talk about your content on sites such as Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter constantly, your page ranking will improve. Social media marketing is one of the most effective organic SEO techniques available.
It’s Always Work In Progress
Staying on top of your Google page ranking entails that you do SEO work constantly. It’s not something you can do every once in a while, but something you must do all the time. At least if you expect notable results.
For this reason, you may want to consider expert SEO services working exclusively with organic SEO techniques. While you can do some SEO work yourself, you cannot optimize all aspects of your website, both on-page and off-page by yourself, especially if your website is large.