Google has introduced 40 search quality improvements in February, which aim to make search better for users. The improvements target all aspects of search, from link evaluation to algorithm updates, and highlight the importance of using organic SEO services.
What’s obvious when looking at the core improvements is that fresh and original content has never been more important for websites.
Here is a selection of some of the most notable improvements Google has brought to its popular search engine.
• Fresher images will from now on surface more often in the search results (codename ‘tumeric’), hence the importance of adding images to your new content.
• Fresh content will surface more quickly in the search results (codename ‘iotfreshweb’), making it clear that having fresh content is important for all websites aiming for a high rank. Google will probably continue to add improvements to its search engine that will make fresh content detection and surfacing even better.
• The Panda algorithm has been updated, being made more accurate. Google is likely to keep rolling Panda updates all through the year, thus the importance of having unique content, and of using organic SEO services to develop your website.
• Link evaluation has changed, one component of the scoring system having been turned off. There are rumors on the Web that the link analysis method turned off is the PageRank. Many find that hard to believe. Even if the rumors prove to be true, websites using high-quality, original, fresh content should have nothing to fear about.
• Local search results have also been improved. According to the official Google search engine blog post, a new system for finding results from a searcher’s city has been released, which is more reliable than the previous method used.
Google seems committed to improving the search experience for users by helping them find original fresh content faster and more accurately. The upcoming updates and improvements are likely going to continue to do this.
Websites are being told, quite clearly, that to rank well in search engines they need to be fresh and original. Websites with stale, scrapped content need to improve else they will fall hard in the search engine rankings.
To boost your website’s search engine ranking, focus on providing your users with excellent content that will keep them returning. Do this and Google will like your website. Organic SEO services can help you get started.