Traffic is crucial for any site on the web. But for businesses, organizations, and bloggers who try to monetize their site, the conversion rate is even more important. If your website has traffic but makes relatively few sales, the tips below can help you up your conversion rate.
- Improve the headlines. Make them more concise and add keywords to them. Write headlines for people, not search engines. Concise headlines that use keywords are the most effective.
- Make your call to action buttons red to add a sense of urgency and encourage more visitors to click on them. As a rule, red-colored buttons tend to get more clicks than other buttons, especially when they are accompanied by text that urges visitors to click. You could also add a countdown.
- Add videos to product pages. Make sure the videos are of high-quality, short, and feature a call to action at the end.
- Implement comments and product reviews, preferably on every product and service page. You should also add a page dedicated to testimonials with real customer photos.
- Put trust seals on your site. Web users are more likely to answer the call to action on a site that features security and payment seals in the footer or sidebar. Seals like Virus Free, Hacker Safe, and Visa / MasterCard Approved are especially effective.
- Streamline the design of your website, making it simpler and more accessible. For best results, use a professional web design/graphic design services provider that follows usability best-practices.
- Use convenient payment methods. Debit and credit cards are usually the norm, but many consumers will feel more at ease if they can use PayPal and other e-wallet solutions that protect their credit card information.
- Offer a fast checkout process that doesn’t require users to register an account. Consumers are more likely to buy from you if you offer them a single-page checkout.
- Simplify your contact forms and all other forms. The fewer fields people have to fill up, the better.
- Use professional article writing and SEO services. The consistent use of keywords in headlines and text body makes the content more clear and to the point, which in turn makes your call to action more persuasive.
- Create product galleries that feature high-quality photos. Grab images from stock photography sites.
- Use numbered lists or bullet points to showcase the benefits of your product or service. Focus on the key benefits, the ones that can really make a difference.
- Implement a live chat and make it available daily. E-commerce sites that need to offer customer support before, during, or after the checkout process can benefit from offering a live chat option. It’s friendlier and more straightforward than ‘send us an email at…’
Wrapping It All Up
Web design can contribute to your site’s success. It can make it not only more beautiful but also easier to use and more engaging. If your site feels and looks outdated, you’ll probably end up with a high bounce rate. So put your money where it can make a difference — invest in good quality web design.